FOR WORLD SIGHT DAY 2022, EVERYONE COUNTS
The World Health Organization’s World Report on Vision and the UN Resolution on Vision have cemented eye health as critical to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. However, change doesn’t just happen in high office.
WHO is calling on global partners and members to help show the world how important it is to #LoveYourEyes.
From pledging to help reach a five million sight test goal to asking our networks and ambassadors to post selfies in #LoveYourEyes heart glasses, we are reminding everyone to take care of their eyes.
When was the last time you got your eyesight checked? Over 3.5 million people pledged to get their eyesight checked on World Sight Day 2022. Make sure that EVERYONE COUNTS in 2022 and pledge to #LoveYourEyes to help us towards our 5 million target!
ABOUT WORLD SIGHT DAY
WORLD SIGHT DAY
- Is an opportunity to focus the world’s attention on eye health as a global issue.
- Raises awareness of eye health amongst individuals, families and communities.
- Is a platform to influences decision makers to prioritise eye health initiatives.
- Helps activate demand for eye health services globally.
World Sight Day is coordinated by IAPB and supported by almost 200 IAPB Member organisations globally.
Are you an employer? Pledge to ensure your employees get their sight tested so that they can work to their fullest potential.
- Enter your details
- Choose your design
- Choose where to share on social media
OTHER WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Encourage your organisation’s CEO or Board Members to get their eyes tested
- Start a social challenge, get your eyes checked and pass on an eye exam to a colleague, friend or family member
- Encourage the elders in your family to get an eye exam
- Encourage parents to get their children’s vision tested
- Sponsor an eye exam for your employees